The RT59 – Excavator 360 is a course that will help workers to operate a 360-degree Excavator competently and safely.
What is RT59 Excavator 360 Test?
The RT59 – Excavator 360 is a mandatory test as a part of obtaining the Red CPCS trained operator card. The course covers both practical and theoretical training of safely operating a 360-degree excavator above 10 tonnes.
The test covers topics such as:
- Improve candidate’s ability to operate the plant machinery with at least a minimum safety standard
- Training on fitting and operating ancillary equipment
- The ability to position the machine securely and proficiently
- Training on how to carry out minor adjustments to the excavator 360
- Preparing the vehicle for travel, loaded and unloaded on the public highway
- Ability to attach and remove buckets from the vehicle
- Understanding the capacities of each machine
- Understanding the purpose and limitations of the vehicle
- Awareness of all safety measures required for the smooth operation of the machine
- Understanding the operating mechanisms of various parts of the machine
- Understanding of how diesel engines work
- Ability to interpret the data shared by level pegs, and profiles
- Knowledge of the routine adjustments and servicing procedures of the machine
- Ability to carry out regular servicing of the machine
- Travelling with dangling loads
- Ability to manoeuvre in confined spaces
The candidate must have completed the relevant CITB Health, Safety & Environment (HS&E) touch-screen-test within two years of applying for the RT59 – Excavator 360 to be eligible for the test.
Completion of the RT59 – Excavator 360 endorses Tracked, Wheeled, and Lifting Operations.
There are many organisations that approve grants for completing the CPCS course. Candidates may contact the HR department of their organisation for more information on the same.
Duration of the training is as mentioned below for candidates with various levels of experience:
- Candidates with zero to less than a year of experience will require eight days of training before they could attempt taking the test.
- Candidates with 1 to 2 years of operational experience will need 4 to 5 days of training before they could sit for the assessment.
- Candidates with more than two years of experience would only need a day’s training before which they may take the test.
Why is the test needed?
The RT59 – Excavator 360 test needs to be completed if the candidate is looking to attain the Red CPCS Trained Operator Card.
Criteria to successfully complete the module
The RT59 – Excavator 360 test has 15 questions of which, a minimum of 12 needs to be answered right for the candidate to pass the test.
How to apply
Candidates can either choose a physical university to get the course completed or get in touch with online stores such as ConstructionHelpline.com for assistance in completing the course.
The RT59 – Excavator is one of the most sorts after course in the set of CITB courses that have to be completed to complete the CPCS renewal test successfully.
Apply Now for RT59 Excavator 360 Test
NVQ Level 2 Qualification Required To Get – Direct Blue CPCS Card
- Traffic Marshal Level 2 NVQ
- Ride-on Rollers Level 2 NVQ
- Self-Propelled Bowsers Level 2 NVQ
- Tractors Level 2 NVQ
- Rear Tipping Dump Trucks Level 2 NVQ
- Forward Tipping Dumpers Level 2 NVQ
- Skid Steer Loaders Level 2 NVQ
- Wheeled Loading Shovels Level 2 NVQ
- Reach Trucks to Lift Level 2 NVQ
- Sideloader Forklifts Level 2 NVQ
- Industrial Forklift Trucks Level 2 NVQ
- Telescopic Handlers Level 2 NVQ
CPCS Renewal Test – Direct Blue CPCS Card
- RT66 Compact Crane Test
- RT65 Demolition Plant Test
- RT63 Pedestrian Operated Tower Crane Test
- RT43 Screener Test
- RT32 Soil/Landfill Compactor Test
- RT20 Hoist Test
- RT62 Crane/Lifting Operations Supervisor Test
- RT42 Crusher Test
- RT31 Ride on Roller Test
- RT19 Grader Test
- RT61 Appointed Person Test
- RT41 Loader-Compressor Test