Construction Plant Competence Scheme (CPCS)
Construction Plant Competence Scheme stands for CPCS. It’s a card scheme which acts as the proof for the skills of the plant operators. It is based on two major elements for operating the plant and i.e. health and safety awareness and professional competence. It is a kind of necessity or standard to operate as plant operators on National Contractors Federation and Major Contractors Group, and probably this is the reason there are 150,000+ individuals owning the CPCS card.
What is CPCS Card?
The CPCS Card shows that the card holder has the training and skills desired to be engaged as a plant operator within the UK’s construction business. Organization like the MHBG (Major Home Builders Group) and the UKCG (UK Contractors Group) rely on the CPCS scheme to identify trained plant operators and to ensure compliance with national safety regulations.
For whom, it is targeted?
It acts as the proof for the employers of the abilities and skills that the plant operators carry. Major of the categories of the plant can’t be operated. if tradesmen doesn’t have the CPCS Card with themselves. It was developed mainly for the construction industry but today it is used for various sectors in order to set the standards.
Types of CPCS Cards
The Trained Operator (Red) Card: – This card shows employers that you are skilled on your preferred type of equipment, and have completed both your CPCS Theory and Practical tests and the CITB HS&E test.
The Competent Operator (Blue) Card: – If you previously held a Red card and earned a relevant NVQ or SVQ in Plant Operations, you will require a Blue (Competent Operator) Card.
To get the Blue CPCS Card, one must be 18+ and have the following qualifications or achievements:
- Have the original Red CPCS Trained Operator Card
- Must have cleared the relevant CITB health, safety and environment test
- Achieved the CPCS theory
- Achieved the CPCS practical test
- Proof of the relevant SVQ or NVQ
To get away with your CPCS theory and practical tests, you will have to find an accredited CPCS test centre.
NVQ Level 2 Qualification Required To Get – Direct Blue CPCS Card
- Traffic Marshal Level 2 NVQ
- Ride-on Rollers Level 2 NVQ
- Self-Propelled Bowsers Level 2 NVQ
- Tractors Level 2 NVQ
- Rear Tipping Dump Trucks Level 2 NVQ
- Forward Tipping Dumpers Level 2 NVQ
- Skid Steer Loaders Level 2 NVQ
- Wheeled Loading Shovels Level 2 NVQ
- Reach Trucks to Lift Level 2 NVQ
- Sideloader Forklifts Level 2 NVQ
- Industrial Forklift Trucks Level 2 NVQ
- Telescopic Handlers Level 2 NVQ
CPCS Renewal Test – Direct Blue CPCS Card
- RT66 Compact Crane Test
- RT65 Demolition Plant Test
- RT63 Pedestrian Operated Tower Crane Test
- RT43 Screener Test
- RT32 Soil/Landfill Compactor Test
- RT20 Hoist Test
- RT62 Crane/Lifting Operations Supervisor Test
- RT42 Crusher Test
- RT31 Ride on Roller Test
- RT19 Grader Test
- RT61 Appointed Person Test
- RT41 Loader-Compressor Test