The RT60 Mobile crane is a course that construction workers take up to learn about operating Mobile cranes safely.
What is the RT60 Mobile Crane Test?
Institutes provide theoretical and practical to candidates on operating a mobile crane with caution and safeness. Completing the RT60 – Mobile crane test will bring candidates one step closer to their red CPCS trained operator card.
Candidates need to have completed the relevant CITB Health, Safety & Environment (HS&E) touch-screen-test within two years of applying for the RT60 – Mobile crane test for candidates to be eligible for undertaking the test.
The RT60 – Mobile crane course covers various topics on operating a mobile crane. Mentioned below are some of the major topics of the CPCS course:
- Candidate learning to operate a crane safely
- Ability to respond to known crane signals accurately
- Appropriate positioning of the crane
- Training on altering jib lengths and associated safety devices
- Able to perform the routine plant maintenance and minor modifications
- Learning about safe load indicators and duties charts
- Training about chains, slings, and lifting gear of the mobile crane
- Understanding the capabilities of the crane and its safety precautions
- Train candidates on the basic theory of power units, transmission systems and control systems of the mobile crane
- Train candidates to understand and interpreting duties charts
- Teach candidates about programme safe load indicators
- Understanding the effects of radius change on the safe working capacity
- Statutory regulations and Codes of Practice of the mobile crane that applies to lifting operations
- Ability to understand the effects of shock loading on structural strength, stability and load displacement
- Explain the types and capacities of chains, slings, and other lifting gear
- Understanding the principles of safe slinging
- The accurate and safe use of outriggers
- Learning transport regulations and preparing for travel of mobile crane on the public highways
Completing the RT60 – Mobile crane will also endorse blocked duties, pick up and carry duties, all duties related to the mobile crane
Duration of the training varies from one candidate to another. The training module is designed based on the operational experience of the candidate. Such as:
- Ten days of training will be given for candidates with zero to less than a year of operational experience before the candidate can attempt the test.
- For candidates having 1 to 2 years of operational experience, five days of training on the mobile crane.
- Only a single day training is needed for candidates with more than two years of operational experience.
Why is the test needed?
Criteria to successfully complete the module
The course test consists of 15 questions of which a candidate need to answer at least a minimum of 12 questions correctly to pass the test.
How to apply
Candidates interested in taking up the RT60 – Mobile crane course can either visit an institute or contact an online institute such as ConstructionHelpline.com to complete the mobile crane course and CPCS renewal test.
Apply Now for RT60 Mobile Crane Test
NVQ Level 2 Qualification Required To Get – Direct Blue CPCS Card
- Traffic Marshal Level 2 NVQ
- Ride-on Rollers Level 2 NVQ
- Self-Propelled Bowsers Level 2 NVQ
- Tractors Level 2 NVQ
- Rear Tipping Dump Trucks Level 2 NVQ
- Forward Tipping Dumpers Level 2 NVQ
- Skid Steer Loaders Level 2 NVQ
- Wheeled Loading Shovels Level 2 NVQ
- Reach Trucks to Lift Level 2 NVQ
- Sideloader Forklifts Level 2 NVQ
- Industrial Forklift Trucks Level 2 NVQ
- Telescopic Handlers Level 2 NVQ
CPCS Renewal Test – Direct Blue CPCS Card
- RT66 Compact Crane Test
- RT65 Demolition Plant Test
- RT63 Pedestrian Operated Tower Crane Test
- RT43 Screener Test
- RT32 Soil/Landfill Compactor Test
- RT20 Hoist Test
- RT62 Crane/Lifting Operations Supervisor Test
- RT42 Crusher Test
- RT31 Ride on Roller Test
- RT19 Grader Test
- RT61 Appointed Person Test
- RT41 Loader-Compressor Test