RT56 – Dump trucks is a course that provides an introduction to the roles and responsibilities of a Rear Tipping Dumper driver.
What is RT56 Dump trucks Test?
This test will enable the candidate to operate a Dump Truck – Articulated Chassis. The training programme consists of both theoretical and practical training sessions that will enable workers to understand the operation of a dump truck in a safe manner.
The RT56 – Dump trucks CPCS course covers various topics about the day to day job of a dump truck operator. Some of the major topics include:
- Educate candidate on the nature of the industry and the job
- Explain the roles and responsibilities of the job
- Explain the principal components of the industry
- Explain the common terminologies used in the day to day job
- Understanding and using the plant manufacturer’s handbook
- Perform all pre-use checks
- Setting the truck for travel in both site and the highway
- Build the ability to travel loaded and unloaded in varies rough, and rippling roads irrespective of level or steep terrains
- Learn to manoeuvre in confined spaces with the loaded truck
- Ensuring suitability of the tipping and loading area
- Understanding the precautions that need to be taken in cases of hazards, underground and overhead services
- Ability to position the truck to receive loads
- Complying with the loading and unloading procedures
- Confirming load integrity and security
- Safe transferring loads to different assigned locations
- Ability to discharge loads into ditches and over edges
- Maintaining safe and tidy working areas
- Able to carry out shut down and securing procedures if and when needed
- Able to explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting
The RT56 – Dump truck course comes in two variations candidates can choose from. Up to 15 tonnes and all sizes.
The test will be conducted in the site or on a location feasible by the candidate; however, the location has to meet CPCS specifications to qualify as an examination site.
The duration of the course varies for different candidates.
- Candidates with zero to less than a year of experience will most likely need five days of training before they can take the test.
- Candidates with 1 to 2 years of prior operational experience will require 4 to 5 days of training
- Candidates with over two years of experience will only need a single day’s training before they can take the test
Why is the test needed?
The RT56 – Dump trucks test needs to be passed to attain a Red CPCS Trained Operator Card.
Criteria to successfully complete the module
There are 15 questions in the test set, and a minimum of 12 questions need to be answered correctly for the candidate to pass the course.
How to apply
There are multiple online institutes that conduct the dump trucks training like ConstructionHelpline.com, where candidates may get the course completed.
Successful completion of the RT56 – Dump trucks course will bring the candidate one step closer to completing their CPCS renewal test.
Apply Now for RT56 Dump Trucks Test
NVQ Level 2 Qualification Required To Get – Direct Blue CPCS Card
- Traffic Marshal Level 2 NVQ
- Ride-on Rollers Level 2 NVQ
- Self-Propelled Bowsers Level 2 NVQ
- Tractors Level 2 NVQ
- Rear Tipping Dump Trucks Level 2 NVQ
- Forward Tipping Dumpers Level 2 NVQ
- Skid Steer Loaders Level 2 NVQ
- Wheeled Loading Shovels Level 2 NVQ
- Reach Trucks to Lift Level 2 NVQ
- Sideloader Forklifts Level 2 NVQ
- Industrial Forklift Trucks Level 2 NVQ
- Telescopic Handlers Level 2 NVQ
CPCS Renewal Test – Direct Blue CPCS Card
- RT66 Compact Crane Test
- RT65 Demolition Plant Test
- RT63 Pedestrian Operated Tower Crane Test
- RT43 Screener Test
- RT32 Soil/Landfill Compactor Test
- RT20 Hoist Test
- RT62 Crane/Lifting Operations Supervisor Test
- RT42 Crusher Test
- RT31 Ride on Roller Test
- RT19 Grader Test
- RT61 Appointed Person Test
- RT41 Loader-Compressor Test